durusmail: mems-talk: Looking for a way to do deep etch in glass (25uM)
Looking for a way to do deep etch in glass (25uM)
Looking for a way to do deep etch in glass (25uM)
Mac McReynolds
2009-11-04
Nathan,

You are correct that there are much simpler ways to perform isotropic
etching in glass and quartz, but the problem is that companies that have
addressed and solved this issue are not likely to disclose their process
methods.  There are companies that offer small volume custom chip
fabrication at reasonable prices.  Obviously this is not an option for
you if you want to build chips hands on.

Mac McReynolds
Caliper Life Sciences