durusmail: mems-talk: Photolithography on a rough surface
Photolithography on a rough surface
Photolithography on a rough surface
Dean Hopkins
2009-11-12
ameya.g@gmail.com writes:
> Thanks for the suggestions. I think spray coating seems to be a very good
solution to my
> problem. I am from Arizona State University and I am not sure if I can find a
spray coater
> at my university. If there is anyone on the mailing list from ASU who has a
spray coater,
> kindly send me an email.
>
> Thanks,
> -Ameya - ameya.g@gmail.com

Go to the nearest artist's store and buy an airbrush. Paasche makes good ones.

With a little practice in a fume hood you can paint resist onto any arbitrary
surface. For best results, select a resist formulation that is advertised for
spray coating. The key ingredient is the solvent base. You want the resist to be
nearly dry when it hits the surface. To wet, and it will run, too dry and it's
like powder coating your workpiece.

If all else fails, go to a body shop and borrow the kid who paints cars.
Seriously.

Hope this helps.

Dean A. Hopkins, Jr.
MEMS process engineer