durusmail: mems-talk: SF6 / BCl3 issue
SF6 / BCl3 issue
John Montoya
2010-07-08
So, other than standard machine maintenance, such as
replacing filters, using oil pumps, and storing the
required gases safely, there is no hazardous safety
concern associated with SF6 and BCl3?  Sorry, I just want
to make sure I have everything clear... Any trouble
associated with disposing the SF6 and BCl3 gas once used?

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:58:03 -0700
  "Glenn Silveira"  wrote:
> John,
>
> The BCl3 I understand the SF6 not so much. The BCl3 is a
>toxic and corrosive
> gas with a low vapor pressure. To facilitate BCl3 you
>will need a gas
> cabinet with gas detection, sub-atmospheric regulator,
>temperature
> controlled gas lines and or the delivery system
>installed very close to the
> tool (i.e. in the clean room.)
>
> Good luck with facilities and safety.
>
> Regards,