durusmail: mems-talk: Temporary adhesive for spin coating
Temporary adhesive for spin coating
Temporary adhesive for spin coating
James Paul Grant
2010-08-31
Hi Gareth,

Here is a sample process:

1. Spin your choice of resist onto your carrier substrate. I normally
use S1828 spun at 3000 rpm for 30 s which gives a thickness of around
3.2 microns onto a 15 mm by 15 mm substrate. I have found through
experience that the resist thickness must be greater than 3 microns for
the chip to stick to the substrate. I have no scienific explanation for
this.

2. Attach chip to substrate

3. Bake in convection oven at 90oC for 30 mins or on hotplate at 90oC
for 5 mins. To be frank, the bake times and temperatures are not critical.

4. Proceed with litho of your chip

5. To remove chip from carrier immerse in hot acetone or photoresist
stripper and use ultrasonic.

Let me know how it goes.

James

--