durusmail: mems-talk: Temporary adhesive for spin coating
Temporary adhesive for spin coating
Temporary adhesive for spin coating
Gareth Jenkins
2010-09-03
Thanks. It worked well with AZ 5214 (spun at 750rpm - probably around 3um).
I may still try some CrystalBond just to make positioning in the centre
easier but it seems to be good enough for now.

Best regards

Gareth

On 31 August 2010 14:23, James Paul Grant  wrote:

> Hi Gareth,
>
> Here is a sample process:
>
> 1. Spin your choice of resist onto your carrier substrate. I normally use
> S1828 spun at 3000 rpm for 30 s which gives a thickness of around 3.2
> microns onto a 15 mm by 15 mm substrate. I have found through experience
> that the resist thickness must be greater than 3 microns for the chip to
> stick to the substrate. I have no scienific explanation for this.
>
> 2. Attach chip to substrate
>
> 3. Bake in convection oven at 90oC for 30 mins or on hotplate at 90oC for 5
> mins. To be frank, the bake times and temperatures are not critical.
>
> 4. Proceed with litho of your chip
>
> 5. To remove chip from carrier immerse in hot acetone or photoresist
> stripper and use ultrasonic.
>
> Let me know how it goes.
>
> James
reply