From: mems-talk-bounces+shay=mizur.com@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces+shay=mizur.com@memsnet.org] On Behalf Of Mikael
Evander
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:29 AM
To: 'General MEMS discussion'
Subject: [mems-talk] removal of HMDS without affecting the photoresist

I'm currently working on a microfluidic project using microelectrodes
patterned on glass slides. To test an idea I have, I've patterned the
glass wafers with standard positive photoresist and without thinking much
about it I used our normal routine which involves priming the glass wafer
with HMDS before coating the wafer with resist. Normally that's not a
problem as I remove the resist and clean the glass wafers in NaOH to make
them hydrophilic again. This time I would like to keep the photoresist
intact but still be able to remove the HDMS and make the glass
hydrophilic.

Would you think that's possible or should I simply try to do this with
polyimide or SU8 instead that can withstand solvents a bit better? The
reason for using standard photoresist was to make a simple test without
going into using new materials/instruments etc . might have been a bad
idea :S

Thanks!

/Mikael
reply