durusmail: mems-talk: RF-DC sputtering _ need some suggestion(s)
RF-DC sputtering _ need some suggestion(s)
RF-DC sputtering _ need some suggestion(s)
Yassine AEA
2011-01-26
Hi Dan- thanks for your reaction.

 Is it possible our oxygen is coming from the chamber?------- I probably do
not get the point , but we clean the chamber everytime when it  un/load the
sample.

Is the system load-locked?-------Yes

What base pressure are you pumping to before the start of
deposition?--------5E-7

How long are the samples held at base pressure before the start of
deposition?----------- I do not know excatly, but we leave the sytem pumping
down overnight and in the morning we start  grow the film.

I am unsure if I am saying it right but I am wondering if there is any
restriction for substrate-target distance, also I have read that the
substrate has to be baked and cleaned firstly for a certain time before the
deposition.

what do you think?

Many thanks,

Yassine,Ait El Aoud

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Ruiz, Marcos Daniel (SENCOE) <
Dan.Ruiz@honeywell.com> wrote:

> Is it possible our oxygen is coming from the chamber?
>
> Is the system load-locked?
>
> A load-lock will prevent air and moisture from entering the deposition
> chamber, so clearly that would be preferable.
>
> What base pressure are you pumping to before the start of deposition?
> How long are the samples held at base pressure before the start of
> deposition?
>
> Pumping to and holding at a low base pressure works to remove air and
> moisture introduced during loading.  Lower base pressure and longer pump
> times are preferable.
>
> Dan Ruiz
reply