From: mems-talk-bounces+bmoffat=yieldengineering.com@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces+bmoffat=yieldengineering.com@memsnet.org] On
Behalf Of Parrish Ralston
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:59 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Overcut AZ5214 profile

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for AZ5214 as a negative
photoresist (or any other negative photoresist) that has good step
coverage, and overcut sidewalls.

I have been trying for a while to use positive photoresist as a
continuity layer that resides between a MMIC chip set in a cavity and a
Ti/Au seedlayer for electroplating.  I deposit KMPR on top of the seed
layer as an electroplating mold and the solvents in the KMPR react with
the positive photoresist.  It doesn't seem to matter than I have
thickened my seed layer in attempts to better isolate the two layers.

So I would like to try and use a negative resist which hopefully will
hold up better to the KMPR.  But I still need good step coverage and a
good, overcut sidewalls so my seed layer is still continuous.

Thank you,
Parrish