durusmail: mems-talk: SU-8 process development
SU-8 process development
SU-8 process development
Yingtao Tian
2012-01-12
Hi Andrew,

I was trying to say 'the 4 um (unexposed) features could not be fully developed
and I did not get a good structure'. The resist layer looked ok after
development, I mean, there was no sign the entire SU-8 layer was washed away.

When you say 'I have to make sure the exposure gap is minimized', did you mean I
should expose the wafer after soft bake as soon as possible?

By the way, I did not mention in my previous email that I found lots of micro-
cracks near the edge of the features. I guess these cracks must be related to
the soft and hard bake processes. I was aware of the stress and cracks in SU-8,
so I use two steps to bake and cool down. I put the wafer on the 65 C hotplate
for 1 min, then 95 C hotplate for 3 mins, then put it back to the 65 C hotplate
for half minute, then a piece of tissue. Do you have any comment on this?

Thanks a lot!

Yingtao