From: mems-talk-bounces+kirt_williams=sbcglobal.net@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces+kirt_williams=sbcglobal.net@memsnet.org] On Behalf
Of JJ HU
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:26 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Sputtered oxide as KOH anisotropic wet etching mask

Hello everyone,

I am planning to perform some KOH anisotropic wet etching of silicon to
create V-grooves with ~ 1 um width, and for that I am wondering if I may use
sputtered oxide as the etch mask. I have seen a lot of papers using thermal
oxide but I would like to see if sputtered oxide would work as well, since I
have easy access to a sputtering station. Any advice would be very much
appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
JJ
reply