From: mems-talk-bounces+dan.ruiz=honeywell.com@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-
bounces+dan.ruiz=honeywell.com@memsnet.org] On Behalf Of JJ HU
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:26 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Sputtered oxide as KOH anisotropic wet etching mask

Hello everyone,

I am planning to perform some KOH anisotropic wet etching of silicon to create
V-grooves with ~ 1 um width, and for that I am wondering if I may use sputtered
oxide as the etch mask. I have seen a lot of papers using thermal oxide but I
would like to see if sputtered oxide would work as well, since I have easy
access to a sputtering station. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
JJ
reply