durusmail: mems-talk: Double layer SU-8 fabrication problem
Double layer SU-8 fabrication problem
Double layer SU-8 fabrication problem
Daniel Figura
2013-01-15
Hello Bill,

I have recently done similar process (4 um + 20 um) and if I compare the
parameters I notice following differences:

> First layer 5um:
> Spin 3" Si wafer with SU-8 2002 at 500rpm for 5s, then 1000rpm for 30s.
        (similar)
> Softbake the sample  :1min@65C then 3 min@95C (hotplate)
        (I baked my 4 um layer for 1 + 4 min, so 5 um layer I would bake 1 +
5-6 min at 95)
> Expose it without waiting for 25s with a total of 125mJ/cm^-2
        (similar - I needed 200 mJ/cm2 on transparent substrate to get best
resolution so 125 mJ/cm2 on silicon sounds very real to me)
> Postbake it  without waiting for 1min@65C and 1min@95C (hotplate)
        (I would bake it much longer, 1 + 5-6 min. I bake my 4 um layer
1min/65C + 4 min 95C)

> Second layer 15um:
> Spin the second layer without waiting with SU-8 2010 at 500rpm for 5s,
> then 2000rpm for 30s.
> Softbake the sample 2min@65C then 5min@95C (hotplate)
        (I would bake 15 um layer at least 10 min at 95, I baked 20 um layer
12-15 min)
> Expose it without waiting for 45s with a total of 225mJ/cm^-2
        (Is there any need to increase the exposure dose? There is not much
light absorbed in 15 um layer of SU-8)
> Postbake it without waiting for 1min@65C and 2mailto:2min@95C (hotplate)
        (I again baked my layers much longer - same as SB)

My process was not optimized but worked fine for the goal and resolution we
needed.

Just to be sure - do you use open lid spin coater and contact exposure with
not-contaminated mask?

With best regards,

Daniel

Daniel Figura

smartfabgroupT Company

process consulting . data processing . fab software

Phone: +421 944 45 26 86

E-mail: daniel.figura@smartfabgroup.com, Web: www.smartfabgroup.com

Disclaimer notice: The information contained in this message and any
attachments is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that any review, disseminitation,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message by error, please notify the sender immediately.