durusmail: mems-talk: High Aspect ratios of SU-8
High Aspect ratios of SU-8
High Aspect ratios of SU-8
Nathan McCorkle
2013-02-06
Does it matter which SU-8 formulation you use?

I am planning on trying SU-8 with a DLP projector running through the
ocular of my microscope, would like all the tips I can get.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Gareth Jenkins  wrote:
> Make sure you have an i-line filter in you mask aligner. Mask contact is
> also critical. Thick layers can bow the wafer and cause problems with
> contact. Allow the resist to rest after spinning and ramp all bake steps
> (up and down) to avoid excessive stress.
> There are other tricks such as exposing from the back side through a glass
> substrate to achieve these structures.
>
> On 14 January 2013 00:18, Nirmal Punjabi  wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Greetings for the day.
>> I want to make SU-8 structures with high aspect ratios ~20:1.
>> I want to make structures having width upto 10um & thickness of 200um.
>> I am using SU-8 2100.
>> Does anybody has some experience in fabricating high aspect ratios
>> structures in SU-8?
>> Any experiential tips in this regard will be highly appreciated.
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Nirmal Punjabi

-Nathan