From: "Lou Chomas"
To: "General MEMS discussion"
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 5:09:30 PM
Subject: Re: [mems-talk] Resist thickness for nitride etch

Ahmad,    That depends a lot on your process.  I would recommend putting some
resist down with your pattern on a test wafer and etching for some amount of
time.  Pick something less than your total etch, but not too short.  Measure the
thickness of the resist before and after and then you can calculate whether the
thickness will be sufficient.  Be careful to account for any etching into the
substrate if you are using a profilometer to measure the thickness.  If your
recipe has a lot of oxygen, the rate against the resist will likely be very
high.
-Lou
> Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 16:29:49 -0400
> From: ahaider3@gatech.edu
> To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
> Subject: [mems-talk] Resist thickness for nitride etch
>
> Hi
>
> I am trying to do an anisotropic etch of 400 nm nitride layer in a RIE
machine. A portion of the nitride is protected by a resist layer on top of it.
Can you tell approximate how much thickness of resist would I need so that the
resist doesn't get stripped off during the nitride etch?

> Thanks,
> Ahmad

Ahmad Haider
PhD Student, School of Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta