durusmail: mems-talk: SU-8 Processing and PDMS Spin Coating
SU-8 Processing and PDMS Spin Coating
SU-8 Processing and PDMS Spin Coating
Bhuvaneshwari Karunakaran
2014-02-25
Sebastian,
For peeling off PDMS conveniently, silanize the silicon wafer surface that
has SU-8 patterns.  This can be done by keeping the wafer in a vacuum
dessicator along with about 50 microliters of (3-Aminopropyl)
triethoxysilane (also called as 3-APTES) for at least 3 hours. The vapours
of 3-APTES forms a layer of silane on the surface of the wafer that ensures
smooth peeling of PDMS after curing.
Good luck!

Bhuvaneshwari K

Research Scholar
c/o Professor Soumyo Mukherji
Biosensors and Bioinstrumentation Group
Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Powai, Mumbai, India.
Mobile Number : +91 99 8767 9533.
Email : bhuvana.k@iitb.ac.in; larabhu@gmail.com