durusmail: mems-talk: Unremoved SU-8 after exposure
Unremoved SU-8 after exposure
Unremoved SU-8 after exposure
Dimitar Dimitrov
2014-07-09
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the advise.

I am trying to produce a photonic crystal with two molecule basis (means pillars
of semiconductor plus holes all enveloped in SU-8). Computer simulations show
very exotic properties, but our paper was rejected on the basis that it is
nearly impossible to produce it in practice. Still there is way to do it and I
only want to prove it is possible so the structure have 300um feature. The real
one need 2.7um for 7um light source.

It should be two step process. First create one set of holes with SU-8 around
them and empty trenches between them. Then fill the holes with high dielectric
semiconductor. Clean the trenches from the semiconductor. Then pour more SU-8 on
the wafer and expose it for second time to create the second set of holes.

You are absolutely right about the scattered light. The imprinter had been
optimized for stamp imprinting and I was carried away with the need to learn
very fast how to work with SU-8 (stamp works perfectly).

Another problem is that I lack UV filter for the light below 350 um.

I see the yellowish pattern on ordinary light. Nearly all of the processes are
in a clean box. Only transportation to and from imprinter expose the samples to
the environment but I use improvised aluminum foil box to protect it.

Best regards

Dimitar