From: kirt_williams@agilent.com [mailto:kirt_williams@agilent.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 9:17 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: RE: [mems-talk] UV-ozone versus O2 plasma

> I am trying to find some information about
> UV-ozone clean in the area of semiconductor
> fabrication. Specifically, I am interested
> in the comparision between UV-ozone clean
> and O2 plasma clean. Is there any advantage
> of ozone? I really couldn't find any useful
> information on the web. Could anyone provide
> anything that I can start with? Thanks much.

Advantage of ozone: no ion bombardment, which can damage some electronic devices
Disadvantage of ozone: for our systems at least, it is much slower than an
oxygen plasma

        --Kirt Williams Agilent Technologies

Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

reply