durusmail: mems-talk: Piezoelectricity Measurement
fatigue testing
2002-10-23
Piezoelectricity Measurement
Attaching Word Docs. was Re: [mems-talk] Piezoelectricity Measurement
2002-10-27
RE: Attaching Word Docs. was Re: [mems-talk] Piezoelectricity Measurement
2002-10-28
Piezoelectricity Fabrication
Piezoelectricity Measurement
Raj Gupta
2002-10-24
Hi Priyanka and Jenny,

I hear the next release of CoventorWare will be capable of non-linear
piezoelectric analysis.  I am sure other tools exist for this purpose,
such as FEMLAB integrated with MATLAB.  In general, these finite-element
(FEM) tools will be useful for design of test structure geometry.
Resonant frequency analysis may be more involved than static analysis,
but it too should be possible.

With any material property test structure, you must realize the overall
geometry, including precise (and accurate) values of thicknesses and
lateral dimensions, and compliance of boundaries.  In many cases
boundary conditions dominate behavior.  For example, assuming fixed
boundary conditions can be an oversimplification and will lead to errors
in extracted material properties.

Regarding your specific questions, more details would help, but the
following link may be of use:

http://www.msiusa.com/piezo_download_listing.htm#PART1-INT.pdf

Good luck.
Raj