durusmail: qp: Re: convention for 'local_ui' in qp?
convention for 'local_ui' in qp?
Re: convention for 'local_ui' in qp?
Re: convention for 'local_ui' in qp?
David Binger
2005-11-07
On Nov 6, 2005, at 7:13 PM, Michael Watkins wrote:

> Calls to local.* occur some 206 times in Dulcinea's ui code and
> another 71
> times in other modules - it could get quite busy in Publisher,
> although some
> of that code has gone away with the new architecture (such as
> local.get_connection).

The number of calls doesn't seem so important as the number of
methods/functions.
Right now, the number of such functions seems pretty small.
If that changes, I imagine the publisher might delegate,
as you suggest, to another object.

> Still, I wonder if a bag holder class Local might be best included in
> Publisher, and a get_local() fn added to qp.pub.common.
>
> Either way -- it matters not much to me; only a decision matters.
>
> (as you can probably guess I am in the thick of porting stuff; now
> moving a
> bunch of ui code over0

Let us know how it goes.

reply