durusmail: qp: Re: convention for 'local_ui' in qp?
convention for 'local_ui' in qp?
Re: convention for 'local_ui' in qp?
Re: convention for 'local_ui' in qp?
Michael Watkins
2005-11-07
* Michael Watkins wrote [2005-11-06 16:13:48 -0800]:
> Still, I wonder if a bag holder class Local might be best included in
> Publisher, and a get_local() fn added to qp.pub.common.

Maybe if qp.pub.common grew a get_local, or if one knew it would at some point
;-) ...

def get_local():
    return get_publisher().get_local()

.... then the actual implementation details could wait.

class Publisher:

    local_is = Local

    # ...

    def get_local(self):
        if not hasattr(self, 'local'):
            self.local = Local()
        return self.local

My own use of local in Dulcinea was confined to the usual
local_ui.header/footer (which appears to be the overwhelming use of same in
Dulcinea overall), plus accessing a few other callables (format_date), and
finally, mappings to various durus mappings (local.get_users - now
qp.pub.common.get_users()) for Dulcinea components (get_*_db) and my own.

At this point it doesn't appear that a very complex mechanism is needed, just
a mechanism...
reply