durusmail: qp: Re: qpy development ideas
qpy development ideas
Re: qpy development ideas
David K. Hess (2 parts)
Re: qpy development ideas
Michael Watkins
2007-10-17
* David K. Hess wrote on [2007-10-17 09:45:26 -0500]:
> I like the idea of output formatting. The way I use qpy templates I
> end up with pretty unreadable XHTML on the client when you view
> source. That makes it more difficult to debug layout issues during
> development.

Agreed; for some time I added additional formatting in text/html
literals (which really makes for messy looking code) to make my
debugging job easier but formatting the response is much easier.

Maybe now that ElementTree is part of standard Python, some
variation of your patch might make it into Publisher, or at least
into one of the QP or Dulcinea demo packages, depending on where in
the quantum placet continuum this ability falls.

If a generalized pretty printer/output parser were included, a check
of (Publisher) not self.is_live_host() before proceeding would be
appreciated.
reply