durusmail: quixote-users: Non-reentrant functions in Quixote
new user, and session questions
Non-reentrant functions in Quixote
Non-reentrant functions in Quixote
Neil Schemenauer
2001-10-29
On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 02:45:44PM -0500, Greg Ward wrote:
> BTW, we make *no* promises about the thread safety of Quixote!  Note
> in particular that the quixote.get_*() functions are thread-ignorant.

Some functions are non-reentrant.  That sucks even for applications that
don't use threading.  On the weekend I was working on a simple FastCGI
replacement.  Here's how it works:

    * Application servers listen on a known address and port,

    * On each request, Apache connects to application server and sends
      the request in a simple format (i.e. an RFC822 like message).

    * Apache reads the response and sends it to the client.

One valid way of writing the application server would be to use select()
or poll() and make it event driven.  That doesn't work with the current
version Quixote.  We should think about fixing that.

  Neil

reply