durusmail: quixote-users: Non-reentrant functions in Quixote
new user, and session questions
Non-reentrant functions in Quixote
Non-reentrant functions in Quixote
Neil Schemenauer
2001-10-29
On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 03:12:04PM -0500, Greg Ward wrote:
> Why not just add an HTTP server to Quixote and be done with it?
> (Something I've been thinking of doing.)

The protocol spoken between Apache and the application server is much
simpler than HTTP 1.1.  Also, the Apache module can optionally buffer
the request and response so the application server doesn't have to worry
about slow clients.  Also, you can easily configure parts of the site to
be dynamic and other parts to be static.  For example:

            XyzServer 127.0.0.1 3000
            XyzHandler On

            XyzHandler Off

            XyzServer 127.0.0.1 3001
            XyzHandler On

would send all URLs to the server on port 3000 by default.  The URLs
robots.txt, base.css and everything under images would be static.
Things /bugs would go to the server on port 3001.

> Now, if the Apache side of your "simple FastCGI replacement" simply
> speaks HTTP to the web application server, then life is easy.

mod_proxy and the ProxyPass option does this.  No need to reinvent that
wheel. :-)

> > That doesn't work with the current
> > version Quixote.  We should think about fixing that.
>
> Bogus.  Where is the non-reentrant code?

Call publish() and from inside call it again.  Look at the parse_request
method and the get_request function.  Unless I misunderstand what the
word means the publish() method is non-reentrant.

  Neil

reply