durusmail: quixote-users: Non-reentrant functions in Quixote
new user, and session questions
Non-reentrant functions in Quixote
Non-reentrant functions in Quixote
Andrew Kuchling
2001-10-29
On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 03:12:04PM -0500, Greg Ward wrote:
>if you just want to use Apache's snazzy rewrite engine.  A Quixote HTTP
>server would be useful for small projects that don't want a lot of
>external dependencies.

Aieeee!  Isn't this just going down Zope's path of reinventing every
single component?  I can see that it's attractive if you could unpack,
say, SPLAT!, and just have it run a little Web server on port YYY.
But then someone will ask "How do I restrict access to people inside
my company?" and we're off to rewrite all of Apache's modules.

>Now, if the Apache side of your "simple FastCGI replacement" simply
>speaks HTTP to the web application server, then life is easy.  You just

I don't see how it's any easier than if a simple custom protocol is
used instead of HTTP; you'd have to recompile Apache in any event,
with either mod_proxy or mod_.  Maybe we should simply
try to debug the Apache mod_fastcgi module instead of starting from
scratch on something new.

--amk

reply