durusmail: quixote-users: Quixote and XSLT?
Quixote and XSLT?
Quixote and XSLT?
akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
2001-10-30
On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 11:38:29PM +0100, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
>If I wanted to process the output of Quixote with xslt,
>is there an easy way to do that? If not, perhaps some hook
>could/should be added to Quixote for that purpose? Since

Why not just write the code to run template output through an XSLT
processor?  So you'd have something like:

from pages import page1    # PTL file

def index (request):
    return XSLT.process(page1(request))

I personally feel some sort of general output filter would be
un-Quixotic.  Python doesn't provide a way to automatically filter all
the functions in a module in some way, so Quixote shouldn't either.
(At one point we were speculating about running Quixote's output
through tidy to check for errors in the HTML, but I no longer think
that's the right approach.)

--amk

reply