durusmail: durus-users: snag with btree.get(key)
snag with btree.get(key)
Schevo and moellus [was: Re: [Durus-users] snag with btree.get(key)]
2005-07-11
Re: Schevo and moellus [was: Re: [Durus-users] snag with btree.get(key)]
snag with btree.get(key)
Patrick K. O'Brien
2005-07-08
Mario Ruggier wrote:

> I am using persistent instances **liberally** in btree keys, so a
> straight porting to zodb would not work. However, the way my persistent
> items are defined, i can very easily get a (humanly descriptive) string
> tuple to identify each item.... but, that will add the overhead of
> translating of instances to such immutable objects, on all the gets...
> well, i guess it can always be another computed attribute ;)

Perhaps you'd like to join forces in working on Schevo.  We've been
doing a complete rewrite of Schevo from the ground up, specifically for
Durus.  I believe we've already solved many of the issues you will be
facing in trying to bring a relational model to Durus, since we've been
working this issue for almost five years now.  In any case, our latest
code can be found here:

http://svn.orbtech.com/cgi-bin/schevo.cgi/browser/branches/rebel/

Our Durus-specific code is here:

http://svn.orbtech.com/cgi-
bin/schevo.cgi/file/branches/rebel/schevo/database/duru.py

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech    http://www.orbtech.com

reply