durusmail: mems-talk: Ti etchant
Ti etchant
Mighty Platypus
2004-03-01
HF + HNO3 is a pain to store. The HF eats glass, and the HNO3 eats all
plastics except pure teflon. Since teflon bottles run in the hundreds of
dollars, this can be a problem.

HF + H2O2 would be much easier to store, except of course that it will
need to vent. So, you need to keep it in a vented cabinent.

Persoanlly, I would just use BOE. It does the job in a pinch, and since
you're ordering an etchant form Transene, you don't need an optimized
solution.

Jesse Fowler
  UCLA/MAE Dept., 420 Westwood Plaza, Room 37-129, ENGR IV
  Los Angeles, CA 90095-1597 | (310)825-3977
"Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable."
   -- Mark Twain

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Choe,S-H wrote:

> Dear lu
>
> Here is the etchant of titanium. Photoresist can be used by masking layer
>
> HF + HNO3 + H2O
> (1  :    1 :   50  )
>
> Choe, S-H
>
> Esashi Lab. Tohoku University
> E-Mail: choe@mems.mech.tohoku.ac.jp

> Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
> Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

reply