From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On Behalf Of rmartin@systron.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 3:45 PM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Positive Resist Development Mechanism

      I did some research on positive resist development but could not
find any literature that shows what the development mechanism is of the
indene-carboxylic acid photoproduct.  Am I to assume that it's a
straight redox reaction (we use NaOH for our developer) producing a
soluble salt by-product and water?

      On a related note, I am trying to develop a flood expose and
develop strip system to remove photoresist (using a mercury arc lamp as
an exposure source and our current developer to strip).  It worked well
in the initial stages, but now we are getting some residue which seems
to be a result of the photoresist being affected by other wet processes
involving permanganate and/or iodine.  Would increasing NaOH
concenration help dissolve the resist?  Your thoughts are appreciated.
reply