durusmail: mems-talk: Silicon_Glass Fusion Bonding
Silicon_Glass Fusion Bonding
Silicon_Glass Fusion Bonding
Gareth Jenkins
2009-02-12
I would think direct fusion bonding in a standard lab furnace would be
difficult because of the differences in glass transition temperatures and
coefficients of thermal expansion between glass and silicon.
However, during my PhD days, I recall another student who reported making
his own anodic bonding setup with a hotplate and a HV power supply. He
reported success with bonding silicon to glass but unfortunately I never saw
the setup or have any more detailed knowledge of what he did! From my
limited knowledge of anodic bonding I believe you will need around 1kV DC,
about 500degC and glass with sodium ions (e.g. soda-lime).

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 18:11, jingru zhang  wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Since we don't have equipment for anodic bonding in the lab, I need to
> figure out how to bond silicon and glass together by fusion bonding?
> However, I tried lots of pieces and they all failed. I did HF and RCA 1
> clean for both silicon substrate (with pattern on it) and glass before
> bonding but it 's not bonding. Does anyone have done silicon and glass
> fusion bonding before? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
> Jingru

reply