durusmail: mems-talk: DXF to GDS-II (or CIF) conversion?
DXF to GDS-II (or CIF) conversion?
DXF to GDS-II (or CIF) conversion?
Steven Meredith
2009-04-03
FYI

When exporting an ACAD dwg to dxf, I have always found that using file>save
as>dxf tends to have more issues converting.  I prefer to use the old school
command of "dxfout" at the command line.  In my experience, this method has
provided better results than the save as method.

sm

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 1:39 AM, Morten Aarøe  wrote:

> I agree - Layout Editor is great. However, take care when converting some
> complex forms from DXF. I've had problems with conversion of DXF files from
> AutoCAD involving rotations of blocks (in my case alignment marks). For some
> reason it did not recognize the rotation - could be the fault of AutoCAD as
> well, but the end result is that the blocks were in the wrong orientation in
> the wrong position...
>
> // Morten
reply