durusmail: mems-talk: metallization on PDMS
metallization on PDMS
metallization on PDMS
Barbara Cortese
2009-06-01
Hi Nidhi,

PDMS is an elastic material so thick layers will have some stress and will not
result uniform but you will have what you see. That's the main reason for using
e-beam evaporation.
you should reduce the layer thickness you're depositing.

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM, nidhi maheshwari wrote:
>
 > Dear All,
 >
 > For some of my experiments I need to have metal patterns onto PDMS. I
 > have gone through the litreature available on net and found that
 > plasma oxidation followed by e-beam evaporation of metals form stable
 > metal films. As we dont have an e-beam system for evaporation of gold.
 > I tried depositing Chrome-Gold layers by sputter after plasma
 > oxidation of PDMS. What I obtained was buckled metal layers. Can
 > anyone please suggest some method to get rid of the buckling/ waves
 > formed.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Nidhi Maheshwari
 > IIT Bombay