durusmail: mems-talk: Masking Material for DRIE
Masking Material for DRIE
Masking Material for DRIE
James Paul Grant
2009-10-13
Here are my thoughts,

For such an etch I would use one of the AZ series of photoresists. I use
AZ4562 and get selectivities in the range from 50-80:1 and an etch rate
of 4 um/min. Obviously the etch rate depends on your process parameters
as well as etch area etc.. If your institute already has a DRIE Bosch
tool then they should have a process for fast, deep silicon etching.

AZ5462 data sheets can be obtained from your local resist supplier and
are extremely detailed.

What is your minimum feature size? Is the etch profile important? How
accurately do you need to etch - i.e. is 101 um acceptable? These are
all questions you must consider.

If you need further assistance let me know.

Good luck,

James

--
Dr. James Paul Grant