durusmail: mems-talk: SiO2 RIE etching without carbonizing the photoresist
SiO2 RIE etching without carbonizing the photoresist
SiO2 RIE etching without carbonizing the photoresist
Brad Cantos
2010-02-10
Weiquan,

Most ICP tools have helium cooling of the wafer.  All the same, 3kW is a lot of
power!  Maybe you want to have a very high etch rate - you didn't say.  I used
to etch >10µm GaAs in an ICP tool with only 700W ICP power, but it took about an
hour total (about 0.17 µm/min rate).  We had minimal carbonizing of the resist.

Brad Cantos
brad.cantos@holage.com
http://holage.com

On Feb 9, 2010, at 7:55 AM, weiquan yang wrote:

> My receipe is using CF4 only, and the ICP power is as high as 3000 W. Maybe
> this is the problem. I will try to find recipes with low power or SF6. Do
> you know any suitable recipe with good etch rate?
>
> Thank you
reply