durusmail: mems-talk: PMMA cracking during e beam evaporation
PMMA cracking during e beam evaporation
PMMA cracking during e beam evaporation
Mike Whitson
2010-06-02
Sangeeth,

E-beam evaporation does not generally expose the sample to the electron beam.
It uses the e-beam only to heat the material to be evaporated; the evaporation
process itself is thermal.  It's quite compatible with electron beam resists
like PMMA, since the substrate sits well outside the beam path.

On Jun 2, 2010, at 10:59, sangeeth kallatt wrote:

> Hi Lando,
>
> I am just wondering how can you do it with e beam evaporation. electron beam
> beam can still react with PMMA and it can harden the polymer(PMMA acts as
> negative tone resist under high dose)
>
> It works well for me both RF sputtering and Thermal evaporation.
>
> thanks,
> sangeeth

reply