From: mems-talk-bounces+dan.ruiz=3Dhoneywell.com@memsnet.org on behalf =
of Binh Tran
Sent: Thu 12/2/10 8:06 PM
To: MemsTalk
Subject: [mems-talk] Au/Ti adhesion problem

Hi all

I'm having a problem with the Au/Ti adhesion on glass wafer as follow :

I had finished the Au/Ti coating process on the glass wafer (piranha
treated), there is no problem. Then I used some of them for my
experiment at that time (the adhesion was good) and kept the others for
the later use.

After a few days when I used the others and there was a problem with the
Au/Ti layer. They became sensitive and easily peel off even when washing
with DI water. I don't know why there is a different adhesion between
the first and the second time using. Does anyone face this problem
before ?

Thank you

Binh Tran
MS Candidate - Nano System