From: Om Suwal [mailto:omsuwal@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 9:08 PM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] How to strip off Apiezon (Black) wax?

Hi friends,

I wonder whether some of you have used apiezon (black) wax on Si wafers. I
applied on a silicon surface to protect the surface while wet etching. I am
trying to remove the wax in easy method. I would be glad if someone knows
the easy and clean room friendly method to remove the wax from Si surface. I
have tried the following methods:

1. Boiling acetone / Methanol / IPA - It takes very long time and cannot
remove well.

2. Piranha solution - It removes well but produces lot of unpleasant fumes
and contaminates the labwares. It is no problem if wax is little amount. (
but I applied on a whole 4 inch wafer)

3. TCE ( I hate to use TCE).

Any other methods are acknowledged.

Thank you