durusmail: mems-talk: PDMS stuck to hard mask
PDMS stuck to hard mask
PDMS stuck to hard mask
Mohd.Yusuf
2011-03-09
hi,

i had same problem twice while working with Photopatternable PDMS.

i used Siloxane (which is solvent for photopatternable PDMS ) supplied by
Dow Corning. i kept mask in large beaker containing Siloxane in ultrasonic
bath for many hours. then in  beaker containing acetone and repeated these
steps few times. ensure that u keep mask vertically in beaker, use large
rectangular beaker not the round one.

practically its extremely difficult to remove PDMS from masks, so better
take care while using it, use mylar film between mask and wafer.

Mohammad Yusuf. S. Mulla
Mobile: 0039-3407737061

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM, righeira carnegie wrote:

> I am having problems cleaning this Hard mask, That is to remove the extra
> PDMS that is stuck to the hard mask. We tried O2 plasma, IPA with and
> without ultrasonicating. Nothing is helping that poor PDMS to detach from
> the silicon hard mask. How do you guys do it?
>
> Another problem is making the PDMS mold for the NIL process. When made
> there
> is a formation of clarity diorder it looked like a fogged glass. what do
> you
> guys think this is? help needed.
>
> Thanks for replying,
>
> sung mung,