durusmail: mems-talk: KOH etch surface "craters"
KOH etch surface "craters"
Mehmet Dokmeci (3 parts)
KOH etch surface "craters"
Sales
2014-07-03
Hi Aaron.  The only potential cause that comes to mind in this case would be
some residue from the stripping process.  Perhaps some areas are masked a little
and so protected to an extent while others are more exposed and form the
craters.  This is not normal behavior for KOH solutions--they should etch nicely
along the crystal plane.

Incidentally, we do offer KOH solutions if you want pre-made product.  I do not
think your results would be any different, but if you determine the cause we can
help you with the chemistry.

Regards,

Christopher Christuk
Transene