durusmail: mems-talk: Shrinkage problem on SU8 layer on Si Substrate
Shrinkage problem on SU8 layer on Si Substrate
Shrinkage problem on SU8 layer on Si Substrate
KarthiKeyan K
2014-10-27
Dear sir,

Thanks for your mail and information.

Actually the SU8 photo resist is spined by spin coater at 2500rpm during
this process I got uniform coating and then I goes to soft backing for 65c,
when I put it on the hotplate or hot air oven (with in 2-3 min) the coated
su 8 layer will be shrinkaged and or some times non uniform surface layer
on su8 layer during soft backing process.

Which one is prefereable for soft/hard backing whether hot plate or air
oven???

Looking forward to your suggestion.

Thanking you,

Best regards,
Karthi

On Oct 24, 2014 12:55 AM, "Andrew Sarangan"  wrote:

> Can you elaborate how you are determining this shrinkage? During softbake
> there will be loss of solvents and a change in thickness, but it should
not
> cause any stresses because the uncured SU8 should reflow above 65C.
Perhaps