durusmail: mems-talk: How to make a metal grid
How to make a metal grid
How to make a metal grid
Roberto Igal Chertkow
2016-07-12
Hi John,

For the size of the substrate you are using it seems that traditional
methods might be difficult.
I would suggest instead of applying usual methods to deposit the metal film
by electroless plating.
This will require to dip the substrate into a bath of chemicals without
fancy equipment.
You may implement this as liftoff or etch thru  but I think that etch thru
will be better.
There are many electroless formulations and you can find the appropriated
for you.

For the mask, you may use a dry film photoresist. This is PHR that can be
laminated. Here too, there are many variations and you can find the one that
most suits you. If the basic resolution of the dry resists is not as you
need, you ay combine several implementations to go down to the required
design rules.

As for the mask, you can go to a printing shop and ask to print you the
required mask on a transparency. you may design a big layout and they can
shrink it to the required final dimensions.

For the exposure as well you can find an available simple source.

I hope it is of some help to you and I am curious how eventually you perform
your process.

Igal