From: William H Lytle [mailto:whlytle@cox.net]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 11:05 AM
To: 'General MEMS discussion'
Subject: Re: [mems-talk] Potassium iodate effect on gold?

Potassium iodate (KIO3) does not affect gold in any way.
What you appear to be referring to is a mixture of potassium iodide (KI) and
elemental iodine (I2) which forms the triodide anion (I3-). This does react with
gold forming a water soluble complex, essentially dissolving gold. Yes Bob, we
did call that mixture "turkey blood" and it will react with some photoresists
but usually not in the time necessary to dissolve thin films of gold.