durusmail: mems-talk: Positive resists for MEMS processing
Positive resists for MEMS processing
Making metal clusters on Si substrate
Positive resists for MEMS processing
Liz Shelley
2002-02-19
One coat  of OCG 825 150cs @ 2800 rpm (10 sec)
gives ~8 microns with good resolution.
after develop, flood expose
post bake @90Degrees 1 hr and ~130 for 1hr
(90 deg. to set the resist so the edges
won't round at the higher temperature.)

I can etch moats ~50 microns deep with SF6
in an old Plasma Therm PHA500.

We etch up to 200 microns with resist over 800-1000A of NiChrome
The NiCr takes over where the resist leaves off (~70-80 microns).
Liz

> From: BobHendu@aol.com
> Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:35:33 EST
> To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
> Cc: xanh@processintegrationll.com
> Subject: [mems-talk] Positive resists for MEMS processing
>
> We have recently begun processing wafers using a new plasma system for doing
> deep silicon etch. Since our goal is 100 microns of vertical etch profile in
> silicon we are interested in what types of positive photoresists MEMS people
> are using. Our initial results with standard positive resist at thicknesses
> of around 1.2 microns have not yielded very consistant results. Work that we
> have done with SU-8 resist have been very good with respect to profile and
> depth of etch using a formulation of around 5 microns thickness. This also
> allows us to ash off the SU-8 after etch with little problem. My question is
> what type of resists are acceptable within the MEMS community that will yield
> at least a 4-5 micron thickness with vertical profiles using stepper or other
> alignment tools. Bob Henderson
> Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
> Visit us at http://www.mems-exchange.org/

reply