durusmail: qp: SelectWidget key generation
SelectWidget key generation
SelectWidget key generation
David K. Hess
2006-12-04
I have an "action" page with a form where I can act on an object
selected from a SingleSelectWidget. I also have a "home" page for
viewing one of those objects. On the "home" page, I have a form with
a HiddenWidget with the same name as the "action" page's
SingleSelectWidget with the key value for that object in it. Then I
post the form from the "home" page to the "action" page (such that
form.get_submit() == True) to preselect the correct object in the
SingleSelectWidget.

I could name the HiddenWidget separately from the SingleSelectWidget
and do this default select by hand but this seems to work well
(though maybe a bit unorthodox).

Dave

------
David K. Hess