durusmail: qp: SelectWidget key generation
SelectWidget key generation
SelectWidget key generation
David Binger
2006-12-04
On Dec 4, 2006, at 8:18 AM, mario ruggier wrote:

> somewhere in the back of my mind I have the intention to explore
> evolving the DurusDir utility to support object modification
> generically. Probably this feature would be useful there...
> although I have not played with this enough, at all actually. Don't
> know if David or others have spent any reflection on this possibility?

I've only thought about it briefly.  Schevo supports that kind of GUI-
driven
general editing, but with the types of constraints that people are
familiar
with from relational databases.

I haven't thought about it much because the interactive client seems
so good for this: it automatically supports every schema-scheme that
can be used with Durus.  I think it would be hard to make a useful
GUI-driven editor without constraining values to specific patterns.
Still, it could be done and it could be valuable, as I think
schevo demonstrates.

reply