durusmail: quixote-users: Ubuntu "Jaunty" Quixote package broken
Ubuntu "Jaunty" Quixote package broken
using compile_package rather than enable_ptl
Ubuntu "Jaunty" Quixote package broken
Ian Forbes
2009-05-18
Robert Ladyman wrote:

> Ian - I've had no luck with Python 2.6 (OpenSuse 11.1) and had to revert to
> 11.0 (Python 2.5). I also had the mxDateTime issues.

I seem to have run into a brick wall. Ubuntu Jaunty only installs
Quixote for Python 2.6. For some reason, even if Python 2.5 is installed
is does not byte-compile modules and setup paths etc for Quixote under
Python 2.5.

Debian Lenny behaves better, the standard install supports Quixote when
running either Python 2.5 or Python 2.4. I know very little about Python
packaging under Debian/Ubuntu, but I am learning more then I ever
intended ...

Regards

Ian
reply