durusmail: quixote-users: Ubuntu "Jaunty" Quixote package broken
Ubuntu "Jaunty" Quixote package broken
using compile_package rather than enable_ptl
Ubuntu "Jaunty" Quixote package broken
Neil Schemenauer
2009-05-31
Ian Forbes  wrote:
> I am not sure if it is a known requirement to upgrade to Quixote 2.6
> before installing Python 2.6, but the net result of the above bugs and
> workaround implies that this is the case. In the meantime, the default
> packages in Ubuntu Jaunty are not useable.

I usually test with the latest Python version but I didn't get
around to testing with Python 2.6 before it was released. As a
result, Python 2.6 got released with a broken ihooks module.

> I have also en-counted import errors relating to mxDatetime. I am not
> sure if these will go away if the above workaround is in place, or if
> users are encountering problems with mxDatetime + Python 2.6 even if
> they are not using Quixote.

Can you try replacing the ihooks.py module with the one from
. I'm curious if it fixes the
mxDatetime bug. You could replace the module in lib/python2.6 or
just dump it in quixote/ptl.

Regards,

  Neil

reply