durusmail: mems-talk: Regarding Glass lithography
Regarding Glass lithography
Re: AW: [mems-talk] Regarding Glass lithography
Regarding Glass lithography
Gareth Jenkins
2006-08-29
Chromium is used because it has good adhesion. Titanium is also a good
choice but perhaps most other metal coatings should last better than a
laminated resist(?). Maybe others can elaborate as I don't have much
experience here (in particular which metals withstand HF best and the
role of oxide layers).
If you can't coat Chromium, I guess you don't have the capability to
coat much else so I would suggest you could buy some pre-coated glass
wafers. You can buy glass coated with Chromium (plus a CrO layer) and
resist fairly cheaply.

Gareth

Kannan Ramaraj wrote:
> Hi all!
>     I am trying to make one-dimensional groove pattern over the glass surface
with a width and depth ranging from 50micron to 200 micron. I laminated dry
photoresist over the glass surface and prepared the pattern in the glass
surface. Photoresist is not staying more than 1 minute if i put it in dilute HF.
And also I read in this site that I can use Chromium as a sacrificial layer. But
I don't have chromium with me. Can you suggest some other material as a
sacrificial layer ? Whether I have to coat my sacrificial layer before or after
the photoresist ? Please give some idea to overcome this issue.
>           Thanks!

reply