durusmail: mems-talk: SU-8 on glass
SU-8 on glass
Silvan Schmid
2007-10-08
Dear Jeffrey,

if you clean the glass wafer with an oxygen plasma before you spin on
the SU-8, adhesion should not be an issue. Make sure that you get rid of
all water molecules on the glass surface. If you do not have a plasma,
at least perform a dry bake before applying the SU-8.

I recommend to cut the glass wafer with a wafer saw.

Regards,
Silvan

Yue Mun Pun, Jeffrey schrieb:
> Hi,
> I am using SU-8 2000 series and may need to use it on glass wafers.  Can
anyone suggest how I can make SU-8 adhere to glass, whether I need to spin coat
Omnicoat or treat the glass with oxygen plasma?
> Also, how do I dice the glass wafers?  I have tried using a manual diamond
scriber but it does not cut the glass in straight lines.

--
ETH Zurich
Silvan Schmid, Dipl. Ing. ETH

silvan.schmid@micro.mavt.ethz.ch