durusmail: mems-talk: SU-8 on glass
SU-8 on glass
Gareth Jenkins
2007-10-15
Omnicoat is certainly a good idea but good adhesion is also possible
with the following steps:

Treat with conc. H2SO4 (I find this as good as Piranha and safer /
more eco-friendly since you don't need to make it fresh each time).
Thoroughly dehydrate. 200-220C for 30mins on a hotplate.
Ensure even and complete crosslinking with a higher exposure dose than
recommended.
Take account of stress during the PEB. If large areas are being
exposed, consider stress relief structures in the design. A lower
temperature PEB for longer time can greatly reduce delamination
effects.

On 08/10/2007, Yue Mun Pun, Jeffrey  wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using SU-8 2000 series and may need to use it on glass wafers.  Can
anyone suggest how I can make SU-8 adhere to glass, whether I need to spin coat
Omnicoat or treat the glass with oxygen plasma?
> Also, how do I dice the glass wafers?  I have tried using a manual diamond
scriber but it does not cut the glass in straight lines.

> Mr. Jeffrey Mun Pun YUE
reply