  From: Silvan Schmid
  To: General MEMS discussion
  Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 7:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [mems-talk] SU-8 on glass

  Dear Jeffrey,

  if you clean the glass wafer with an oxygen plasma before you spin on
  the SU-8, adhesion should not be an issue. Make sure that you get rid of
  all water molecules on the glass surface. If you do not have a plasma,
  at least perform a dry bake before applying the SU-8.

  I recommend to cut the glass wafer with a wafer saw.

  Regards,
  Silvan

  Yue Mun Pun, Jeffrey schrieb:
  > Hi,
  > I am using SU-8 2000 series and may need to use it on glass wafers.  Can
anyone suggest how I can make SU-8 adhere to glass, whether I need to spin coat
Omnicoat or treat the glass with oxygen plasma?
  > Also, how do I dice the glass wafers?  I have tried using a manual diamond
scriber but it does not cut the glass in straight lines.
reply